- Contact Management
- Contact filtering by groups and tags
- Applying referral source when creating a patient
- Contact management within a patient's file
- Mailmerge contact details into your letters
- Patient Kiosk
- Login access for patients and family profiles
- Company branding to make the kiosk appear familiar to your patients
- Check in and check out for current appointments
- Notifying the dentist of their patient's arrival
- View future scheduled appointments for themselves and their family
- Warning when creating a new patient file for an existing patient
- Family linked patient profiles
- Aged debtors reporting
- Periodontal charting
- Complete medical history form via the Kiosk
- View and accept consent forms via the Kiosk
- Accept digital signatures
Making it easier to manage your contacts
Our first update for this release is the Patient Referral and Contact Management feature. You're able to use this system to manage your contacts, much like an address book. Even better, this links with your patient files as referral sources, so you can now track how your patients have been referred. You can even use your contact details and effortlessly create Specialist Referral templates!
Did you know...
...that Core Practice now warns you when you're trying to create a new patient with the same details as an existing one? We're just trying to make it easier to better manage your patient database and to reduce duplicate files!
Introducing the Patient Self Service Kiosk
The second major update for this release is the Patient Kiosk. This feature allows you to set up an iPad at your reception and have patients checking themselves in. Once they do this, their dentist will be notified with a sound alert to let you know the patient has arrived. We'll soon be expanding this feature to allow patients to enter their medical history info directly to their own Core Practice file, as well as checking themselves out!
What you'll need to do...
In order to take advantage of these new features, you'll need to take a few steps.
Remember to add the permissions to the relevant groups in your user management:
To allow dentists to receive notifications when their patients have arrived, you'll also need to assign their username to their calendars:
Whichever device they're logged into with their username, they'll be notified of a patient's arrival.