We've released an improvement to our media import process which allows you to copy and paste your media into a patient's file. This gives you another option to import media, giving you the freedom to choose the method that you prefer. Here's how to do it.
Please note that this method only works in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer versions greater than 10.
- Right-click on the file you wish to import and click on Copy.
- Click on Media from the patient's file.
- Click on Import Media.
- Click on this textbox and paste the media from your clipboard.
- Choose the date option.
The default selection will be "Use date from Media", and it will use the date which the image was created/saved. This is the correct option for 90% of cases.
Sometimes you may need to "Pick a Date" because the date which the image was created/saved was not the same date which the image was taken, seen in the example below:
The x-ray was exported from another dental software on 20th July, 2016 but was actually taken on 19th April, 2015. In this scenario, the best option would be to select Pick a Date and choose "19th April, 2015" from the calendar in the Date Taken field.
- Click on the Media Category dropdown menu and select a folder to put the media into.
- Tag a tooth by selecting the media you wish to upload and selecting the tooth or region it belongs to.
This step isn't required, and the dentist can edit this once the media has been uploaded.
- Click Import All if you're done.
If there is media which you no longer wish to import, select the ones you want by clicking on them once and then click Import Selected. Alternatively, click on the X in the bottom right corner of the unwanted media in order to remove it.
All done! Now the dentist can view and diagnose the newly imported media.