Core Practice appointment books are based on calendars. Each practitioner has a single calendar which can have availabilities in as many locations as necessary. A practitioner's schedule is set up using periods. A period is a date range which contains a practitioner's schedule for that particular date range, and includes all of their availabilities. We cater for practitioners which work on a fortnightly roster with our "Alternate Week" period. Here's how to do it.
- Click on Appointment and then click Calendar Setup.
- Find the calendar you wish to edit, click on More and then click on Edit template.
- Click on Create a new calendar period.
- Enter a start date, select Enable alternate week and then click Save Changes.
You will notice that the system will automatically select the end date (the last day of the year) as soon as you select Enable alternate week. This is because our system bases alternate week periods by using the weeks of the year as "Odd" or "Even". That is, "Odd" weeks are the 1st week of the year, 3rd week, 5th week etc, while "Even" weeks are the 2nd week of the year, 4th week, 6th week etc. Because some years may have 53 weeks (therefore an "Odd" week) this means that there would be two odd weeks in a row (53rd week followed by the 1st week of the new year). Please see the Note for another explanation.
- Click on Create New Availability (the blue plus), fill in the details and click Save Changes. You will need to repeat this step for all the necessary days.
Any Week: will appear as an availability for every week of the selected period.
Odd Week: will appear as an availability for Odd weeks only.
Even Week: will appear as an availability for Even weeks only.