Core Practice has a unique method for taking prepayments (deposits); they are applied to an invoice in the patients file. This gives management a way to track the payment, from when it was taken to which invoice it was then applied to. In order to apply a prepayment to an invoice, it must be applied to a treatment code. This gives management the opportunity to set a minimum amount required for that prepayment. Here's how to create a prepayment item.
- Click on Settings and then click Items.
- Find the "Prepayments" category, click on More (a) and then click Create (b).
This will create a sub-category. Items which you create must be within a sub-category. If you already have a sub-category set up, skip to step 4.
- Enter the sub-category Name, change the Status and click Save Changes.
- Find your chosen sub-category, click on More (a) and then click Create (b).
- Enter the item Name and Code, change the Status and click Save Changes.
Set the "Is prepayment?" question to "Yes", as well as any other conditions (such as hiding the item in invoices or reporting).
You can then choose to change the fee for this item in order to set the minimum required for this prepayment.