Sometimes we'll have to refund money to a patient and will need to be accounted for in Core Practice so that your reports reconcile. When creating a credit note, you would be creating a negative amount on the invoice which the payment was allocated to. Here's how to do it.
- Click on Treatment in the patient's file.
- Find any treatment belonging to that invoice, click Settings and then click New credit note and refund.
If you do not see this option, you may not have permission to create a credit note. Please contact your administrator.
- Select the treatment (a) and enter the credit amount (amount which was refunded) (b).
You cannot enter a credit amount larger than the fee amount. If the refund is larger than the fee amount, you simply select more than one treatment (a) and then split the credits (b) across them as necessary in order to successfully enter the total refund/credit amount.
- Click on Continue to Payment.
- Confirm the refund amount (a), enter the payment details (b) and click on Record Payment (c).
The Payment details (b) would be the details of the payment which you made to the patient.
- Click on Done.
You also have the option to email or download the credit note by clicking the corresponding icon.