Prepayments (or deposits) are typically taken for major dental treatments which need to be sent to a dental technician to complete, such as dentures, crowns, implants and occlusal splints.
Taking a prepayment is simple. Here's how.
- Find the relevant patient's file, click More and click on Treatment details.
- Click on Create Prepayment in the bottom right corner.
- Click on the Prepayment Item that you need.
Some prepayments can't be used with other treatments, so please select the most correct item. This is the treatment which the prepayment will eventually be applied to. You can also add a note in order to elaborate on this (e.g. Item: "Denture Lab Prepayment" and Note: "First Prepayment on Partial Acrylic 13 - 15"). This will help your managers to keep track of the accounts.
N.B. If you don't see anything in this list, you may need to create a prepayment item.
- Enter the total amount which you wish to take for this prepayment.
You are able to take a prepayment using multiple payment methods. Just enter the total amount of the prepayment and you can split the payments in Step 7.
- Review the Date (a), Location (b) and Provider (c) details.
- Select Continue to Payment.
- Confirm the amount and select the correct payment method. You can enter multiple payment methods here.
If the payment has been made with cash, simply click "Cash" once you have received the money. If you would like to make the payment electronically, click on the corresponding card type and follow the prompts on the terminal. Select "External" if the card payment has been taken manually and/or if you have to enter a payment from an earlier date.
- Click Done once you have finished.
You also have the option to print, email or download the receipt by clicking the corresponding icon.
Now you can learn how to use a prepayment/deposit from a patient's file.