There are certain documents/files which need to be uploaded to a patient's profile for future reference. These may include "new patient" and other type of forms, x-rays, images, specialist reports etc. Here's how to add attachments to a patient's file.
How to upload
- From the patient's profile, click on Attachments (a) and then click Upload Files (b).
- Drag-and-drop the file into the area highlighted below, or click Browse to search your computer files. Click on Upload Attachment when you are finished with this attachment.
The name will update automatically to the file name, however you can edit it in this window if you wish. It is recommended that you select a folder, so as to improve organisation. You can also enter a description if you wish.
- If you have multiple files to upload, simply repeat the process.
- Click on the file, as shown below.
- Here you can add/change the file description or download the file.
- If you need to delete this attachment, click Delete.
Before deleting, confirm that the attachment is no longer needed, as you will not be able to retrieve it from the patient's file once it has been deleted.