If you are unable to find your terminal in the Core Practice Bridge Diagnostic, it may not be connected to the computer. There are usually two ways to fix this:
Re-scan for terminals
- The HICAPS Connect icon will most likely be red - as below - since it cannot find your terminal.
The icon may sometimes still be green, however clicking on "Re-scan for terminals" will cause it to become red. If the icon isn't there at all, you will need to start HICAPS Connect.
- Right-click the HICAPS Connect icon and select Re-scan for HICAPS Terminals.
- You should see a pop up notifying you that it has found a terminal, as below.
If this fails, try to configure your HICAPS connection (below).
Configure your HICAPS connection
Sometimes the issue is because the correct communication port hasn't been selected. Here's how to check.
- Right-click the HICAPS Connect icon and select Configure.
- You may notice that the COM Port is not selected.
You may also have one Com Port selected, and another one which is not.
- Select the un-selected COM Port(s) and then click Save.
- Now you should Re-scan for HICAPS terminals.
If you still can't find your terminal on the HICAPS service, try to restart your computer. If restarting the computer doesn't fix the issue, I would suggest contacting the HICAPS helpdesk. This is a HICAPS connection error and they should be able to assist you. If the HICAPS technicians tell you that the service is fine, please submit a support request.
If you have any questions, please click the yellow Help button at the bottom left and chat with us. We are more than happy to help!
Articles which may interest you: