If you are unable to find your terminal in the Core Practice Bridge Diagnostic, it may not be connected to the computer. There are usually two ways to fix this:
Re-scan for terminals
- The HICAPS Connect icon will most likely be red - as below - since it cannot find your terminal.
The icon may sometimes still be green, however clicking on "Re-scan for terminals" will cause it to become red. If the icon isn't there at all, you will need to start HICAPS Connect.
- Right-click the HICAPS Connect icon and select Re-scan for HICAPS Terminals.
- You should see a pop up notifying you that it has found a terminal, as below.
If this fails, try to configure your HICAPS connection (below).
Configure your HICAPS connection
Sometimes the issue is because the correct communication port hasn't been selected. Here's how to check.
- Right-click the HICAPS Connect icon and select Configure.
- You may notice that the COM Port is not selected.
You may also have one Com Port selected, and another one which is not.
- Select the un-selected COM Port(s) and then click Save.
- Now you should Re-scan for HICAPS terminals.
If you still can't find your terminal on the HICAPS service, try to restart your computer. If restarting the computer doesn't fix the issue, I would suggest contacting the HICAPS helpdesk. This is a HICAPS connection error and they should be able to assist you. If the HICAPS technicians tell you that the service is fine, please submit a support request.
Articles which may interest you: