Sometimes you need a way to communicate to other users about a patient's request, behaviour or status. In order to do this efficiently, you can create a patient alert which will catch your colleagues' attention. The patient alerts are set to appear when someone selects the patient when making an appointment, whenever the patient's profile is accessed, or whenever an invoice is created for that patient. Here's how to do it.
- Click on the patient's name and then click on Patient's alerts from the dropdown menu.
You can view this dropdown menu from any page in the patient's file; just click on the patient's name.
- Click on Add alert.
- Choose a category for your alert.
- Type a description for your alert.
- Select a valid start date.
You can also select an end date if this patient alert has an expiration. If not, the "End date" can be left blank and the alert will appear in this patient's file indefinitely.
- Click on Save Changes once you're done.
- Click More on a specific alert in order to reveal other options.
- When accessing select parts of the patient's file, you will see the following:
Clicking on Don't remind today will stop that specific patient alert from appearing for the rest of the day on your computer. This will not affect the patient's alert from appearing on other computers.