From time to time, patients may ask for a copy of their clinical notes. This guide will show you how you can do this quickly and easily.
- Click on the patient's appointment block and then click Patient profile.
- Click on the "Treatments" tab to only show treatments and their clinical notes.
You can click on any tab in order to export only that type of data from this patient's file. This is important if you do not wish to share everything with patients or other dentists, such as internal notes saved as Comments, for example. If you keep the Activities Feed on the "All" tab, you will be exporting everything, including Comments, Medical History, Media and Attachments.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the Activities Feed, until you see "First Seen [date]"
This is important because it ensures that the entire patient history will load and therefore nothing will be missed when the PDF is generated.
- Go to the Print function, select the option to Save as PDF.
I use Google Chrome as my browser, so after going to Print, I would click Change (1) and then click on Save as PDF (2). Your browser may look different from this.
- Save your PDF on your computer and email it over to the patient. Easy! This procedure may change in the future (we want to make it even easier for you to do this) but we'll keep you updated when that happens.
If a patient isn't attending your clinic anymore, you may need to create an alert on their file.