Restricting user location access provides an extra level of security to protect your business. It means you now have control and only allows a set of IP addresses to access your Core Practice system so that non-authorised access is denied to prevent any suspicious activities. Please see below on how to set up a location IP address and how to apply restrictions to each user:
Add a location IP address
Before you proceed with this step, you will first need to add a Location IP address. If you haven't already done so, please follow the instruction by clicking here.
Restrict IP address set up
You can restrict a user's login via IP address. To do so, please follow the steps below:
- Click on Settings (cog icon on the top right) and select Users.
- Select username that you wish to enable the restriction.
- Scroll down to Location Restrictions and click Restricted to activate it.
- Select a Location to restrict user access to selected location only.
- Under Restrict Location Access, click on Location IP Address. This will restrict user login to "Location IP Addresses" only. (if location IP address is not set, click here)
- You can also allow user to access from Home by enter Home IP Address (you also need to setup user's Home Address, Suburb and Postcode)
- Once you are happy with the setting, click Save Changes.
Once it is set up, the user will not be able to login if the IP address is not in the Location IP Addresses, Home IP Address or Other IP Addresses fields.
If you also wish to also Restrict user access time, click here for more information.