Now that the dentist has done creating a lab order, the Receptionist is responsible for following up a lab order making sure the lab order stages are followed.
Here are the workflows when following up a lab order:
- The Receptionist Workflow
- The Dentist Workflow
The Receptionist Workflow
- From the treatment plan tab, click the Lab icon.
- After the lab order has been created, the receptionist/nurse will now pack the package and will wait for the courier to pick it up. Once it is confirmed being picked up by the courier, either click (a)Lab order sent under Lab Order tab or you can go to (b)Stages and click Complete whenever you have completed a task.
- Once the courier sent back the package to the clinic and received by the receptionist, click Lab order received.
- If you haven't set up a planned appointment for the patient, schedule an appointment for the patient and click the edit icon under Plan Apt.
The Dentist Workflow
- The dentist will click Lab order approved after inspecting the package.
Note: You are unable to undo the Lab Stages for now however you can use the Comment section for any additional instructions.
All done! You just completed following up the lab work! To know more about tracking the lab expenses and calculate the dentist's commission, click it here to further help you.
If you have any questions, please click the yellow Help button at the bottom left and chat to us. We are more than happy to help!