Tracking of Lab orders can easily be done in Core Practice. This allows the users to determine which Lab orders are still on progress, completed or overdue.
In this article, we are going to discuss how to view Lab orders, track the Lab order per status and view/update the Lab order history, details and workflow.
Generating Lab orders
1. Click Locations and go to Lab Orders.
2. If you wanted to generate all Lab orders, filter the report by Location, Provider and Date Range. Leave the Lab order stage and Lab service as blank.
3. Hit Run Report.
Generating Lab Orders by Status
Lab orders can also be filtered by their stages in order to track their status.
1. On the Lab Order page, filter the report by Location, Provider and Date Range. Choose the status (e.g. Lab order Created, Sent, Received, Approved or Completed)
You may leave the Lab and Service as blank if you wanted to filter the Lab order by Status only.
1A. If you would like to filter the Lab order by Completed. Make sure to choose Lab Order Completed on the Status drop down and tick the box on the side of Include Complete.
1B. Lab orders can also be filtered by Lab and Services.
2. After Filtering the Lab Orders, hit Run Report.
Lab Order Summary
The Lab Order Summary on the right side panel is where you can view/update the Lab order status, Lab order details and workflow.
Updating Lab Order Status
1. To update the Lab order status, simply click the Lab order status on the right side.
2. Under the Lab Order information, you can also view the information about the Patient, Lab Contacts, Activities, Instructions and Attachments.
If you have any questions, please click the yellow Help button at the bottom left and chat to us. We are more than happy to help!