Depending on your business rule, you may have multiple practitioners seeing the same patient, such as a dentist and a hygienist. In most cases, each practitioner will enter the treatment codes of the treatment they provided. However in some cases, this responsibility will be placed on the receptionist. In this scenario, I am a receptionist and I will be applying treatments for both practitioners. Here's how to do it.
- Click on Treatment from the patient's file.
- Click on Select Fund.
- Click on Submit and Start Treatment (c) after checking that the Location (a) and Provider (b) fields are correct.
- Click on the provider name after entering the item codes for the treatment performed by the first practitioner.
- Click on the Provider dropdown menu (b) to select a new practitioner. Then click on Submit and Start Treatment (c) after checking that the Location (a) field is correct.
Notice that the hygienist is now selected in the "Provider" field.
- Click on Create Invoice to start processing the invoice.
If you're a practitioner, click on "Done" to unlock this patient's treatment and allow the front desk staff to process the invoice.
Now you can learn how to take a claim for multiple providers.