Once the patient has been checked out of the room, it is then time to apply payment. Entering payments has been streamlined in Core Practice, in that you will be able to claim electronically for both HICAPS and EFTPOS payments through the system. These are the topics which we will cover in this article:
You can also watch this quick video showing you the invoicing workflow:
Identify treatment that requires invoicing
- From "Treatment", find the "Not Invoiced" treatments.
These treatments will appear with the blue tag "Not Invoiced", as above.
- Click on Create Invoice.
- Click on the correct Provider from the dropdown menu, if it is not already selected.
- Click on the Exclude button if you need to remove a certain item from the invoice.
- Click Continue to Payment to collect payment immediately; click Save to create invoice and collect payment at another time.
- Ensure you select the correct "Terminal" and click on the Hicaps icon. Follow the prompts on the terminal.
- Click Done.
If the patient would like a copy of the receipt, you can email it directly to them by clicking on Email. This will be sent to the email address which has been saved in their profile (if applicable). If they prefer a paper receipt, click Print.
- Confirm that the amount is correct then click on the corresponding method of payment. Follow the prompts on the terminal.
This page will prompt you to select the type of payment for the treatment or the gap (if applicable).
- Print or email the receipt.
Click Next to learn the basics on treatment notes.