Treatment plans can be created via the Charting or Plan features. If there have been treatments applied to a chart, you can view the corresponding plan and adding trea
- From the patient's file, click on Plan.
- You can filter treatment plans. Click on More and select the filter.
You can also search for treatments or tooth numbers in each plan, by using the search bar visible in the above screenshot.
Creating a new plan
- Start the planning process by clicking on Create plan.
- If this is the first chart being created, you will be shown the window below.
The "Location", "Provider" and "Expiry" fields will usually be filled for you. However you can change them, if necessary.
a) Name: title of the treatment plan. This will be default (i.e. Plan 1, Plan 2 etc) but you can deselect the check box and write your own plan name; this is useful when there are multiple treatment options for the same tooth, for example.
b) Note: a description of the treatment plan, if you wish to elaborate.
- If there is already an existing chart, you will be prompted with the window below. Click Create Plan when you have finished.
Here you can choose to copy items/facts from another plan, such as pre-existing conditions/treatments etc. Above is an example of a tooth which has multiple treatment options and the patient would like to consider both (RCT and extraction options for the same tooth).
Selecting a fund
- Select the required item numbers.
a) Search bar: allows you to search by item code or description; select from the dropdown menu.
b) Tabs: "Common" tab has frequently used item codes.
- You can complete all treatments in the whole visit by clicking on More and selecting Complete all treatments, as shown below.
This will send the completed treatments to the "Treatment" section of the patient's file, ready to create the invoice and claim.
- You can complete treatment individually by clicking Options on each treatment which was completed and select Complete treatment.
If there are items which need to be completed on another visit, either click on Next visit to move it to the following visit, or click and drag the particular item into the desired visit. If you choose to delete an item from the plan, click Void treatment.