Sometimes you will have to make a one-off change to your Calendar. This can be necessary in a few scenarios, such as having to change the time of a scheduled lunch break on a particular day, if a practitioner will be working in a location which is different from their usual schedule on a particular day, or if you just need to change the start and end times of a particular day. Here's how to do it.
In this scenario, a dentist has asked to move his lunch break on a particular day (30th June 2017).
- Click on Appointment and then click Calendar Setup.
If you do not see this option, you may not have permission to access this. Please contact your administrator.
- Click on the calendar name that you wish to make changes to.
- Use the arrows (a) or the calendar (b) to navigate to the correct date.
- Click on the availability which needs to be changed and then click Edit.
- Click on Save Changes once you have made your change.
As above, in this example I had to change the lunch break from the usual scheduled 12:00-13:00 to 11:00-12:00. All other days will remain at the usual 12:00-13:00 break, but this date (Friday, 30th June) will have the different lunch break of 11:00-12:00. You can also change the location for each availability, as well as start and ends times of the availability.
N.B.: You will only be able to make changes to a lunch break if there is currently one in the period template. If you don't see a lunch break but you're supposed to, you can learn how to create a break in the calendar availability.
- All done! Repeat for each availability that needs to be changed.
Now you can learn how to add a "one-time" availability to your calendar.