Tyro will only work and always needs an integration. There are also a lot of benefits when you decide to integrate Tyro with Medipass.
- Tyro enable Healthfund Claims and Eftpos payment Terminal
- Tyro integration required single Lan cable for internet connection
- Tyro does not require USB connection with Desktop PC
- Tyro does not require software driver to be installed on PC
- Tyro does not require Core Practice Bridge to be installed on PC
- Claiming and payment using terminal can be done any device e.g. PC, MAC, iPad etc…
- Improved connection stability without the need of USB cable, Software driver, Core Practice bridge
- Tyro enable Healthfund claiming using Health Point
Important notes to consider:
- You can only process a refund through the Medipass portal.
- You can only process a claim for a single patient for each provider which means the Invoice multiple providers feature in Core Practice will be automatically turned off since Tyro doesn't support family or multiple patients claiming.
You should be able to do the following pre-requisites in activating Medipass and setup the Tyro terminal before turning on Tyro in Core Practice. Please click on the link on How to activate Medipass. To setup the Tyro terminal, please contact Medipass to make sure tyro terminals are registered and paired completely.
Turning on Tyro in Core Practice
- Click on Settings.
- Go to Add-ons.
- Head over to Medipass then click on Edit. Select "Yes" to turn on Tyro and hit Save Changes.
- Click on the cog then Users.
- Go to Groups and click on the name of the user groups that you want to allow access on Tyro with Medipass.
- Head over to Permissions. Under Payment Permissions, make sure that Medipass is enabled/ticked to allow permission to Tyro. It will automatically save once you ticked. After which, log out and log back in from your Core Practice site.
Done! You will now be able to see an option for Tyro to process payments.
If you have any questions, please click the yellow Help button at the bottom left and chat to us. We are more than happy to help!